Saturday, June 29, 2013

26/52

"A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2013."

Che: Tired eyes, cranky mood. But...school is over and we have two weeks of lazy mornings and spontaneous adventures ahead of us. 
Poet: Fearless one moment, cowering from a trail of ants the next. 

I love the opposites in these photos - the deep and the light, the bold and the faded. Che is wearing a hand-knit made with love by my mum. It's a fabulous pattern, this elfin vest, and so perfect for busy little people who don't have time for jumpers (but still need to keep their chest and kidneys warm). As for Poet, she is wearing the ever-nostalgic Osh Kosh pinstripe overalls/dungarees* with gumboots/wellies*. I found the overalls at the op-shop when I was pregnant with her - the best $2 I've ever spent.  


*I spent the first few years of my life in England and wore my fair share of dungarees and wellies!

Now that google reader is coming to an end you might like to know that I'm over here on bloglovin. 

.........................................................................................................................

Belinda always inspires me but I particularly like her take on the concept of "portrait" this week / muddy farm children basking in golden, winter light / two becomes three and the love triples ... nothing quite like a newborn. Welcome, Juniper / it just wouldn't be summer without a sprinkler ... sweet Maile is delightful / and finally, I love the joy and movement in this portrait - celebrating winter with a fabulous red pom pom. 

I'll be posting "three / 52" on Wednesday. Have you picked your top three portraits yet?







No comments:

Post a Comment