Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Q & A

Last year when I discussed writing a series of posts on yoga for pregnancy and birth I had the very best of intentions. Clearly I was still in the new-muma stage, reality set in and my words never did come to fruition. 

But, if my inbox is any indication, it seems that quite a few of you are patiently waiting. Thanks for the nudge, because I'm now organised enough to share what I know about prenatal yoga and birth preparation.

In the next few days I'll be publishing a post on Preparing for a VBAC - Vaginal Birth After Caesarian. If you are one of the thousands of women considering this birth option I encourage you to research, prepare and surround yourself with encouraging and loving support. 

For those of you wanting to know more about conscious conception.....that's next on the list. 

Please remember that I am not a midwife, medical practitioner or birth educator. I'm a yoga teacher, mother and journalist. My stories are informed by my own experience, research and the blessing that has been the meeting, teaching and learning from my pre-natal students. 

Q & A - Making Peace With Birth

10 comments:

  1. Oh! Can't wait for the vbac post Jodi... Five weeks to go... x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am VBA2C Momma! I have such a redeeming story, if you ever need to guide any of your VBAC ladies to. I know the emotions involved with not having a "special" birth.

    http://mockabeenews.blogspot.com/2010/01/arrival-scarlett-hope.html

    From another Jodi on the other side of the world! (California)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be trying for a VBAC after emergency Caesar. Can't wait to read your thoughts. Thank you - I love your musings x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to vbac post. After a Caesar really want to test my female birth power.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jodi
    I have recently found your blog and love reading your thoughts on pregnancy, birth and mothering. I find it so positive and uplifting and non-judgemental, which is refreshing in the blog world.
    I have had two very traumatic natural births, for different reasons, and one caesarean birth which I really don't know how I feel about. I'm due again in September; I'm trying to have any expectations on how this one will go, as long as a healthy baby is in my arms at the end.
    I’m really looking forward to reading your series.
    Katex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jodi, I wonder if you would be interested in writing something about 'conscious cesearian birth'- for those who have to (or consciously do choose to or even end up with an emergency)have a cesearian. My own experience was empowering, spiritual, conscious and peaceful - and I would love that other women who need to walk this path get to know that it is still possible for this type of birth to be wonderful.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jodi, wonderful to hear you again on these subjects. Although I won't be birthing any new babes i still love to read what everyone has to say. As a VBAC mumma I'm interested in that article - particularly as I didn't realise that it was unusual - although I did choose the right OB, which I think is key.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds great!! Is there anywhere I can read Che's birth story??

    ReplyDelete