Monday, October 4, 2010

grey

A grey long weekend with heavy rain at night and pockets of sunshine in the day. The beach-side Farmer's Market on Sunday morning was brimming with umbrellas, gumboots and French market baskets, We spent up: kumquat marmalade, honey, organic sourdough, salt-bush lamb, apple pie, lemons and Portuguese tarts. And then we ate. For the rest of the weekend. The yumminess was interspersed with homemade chai and copious cups of tea.

Thank you lovelies for all the beautiful birthday wishes. I passed them all on to Che x

PS. Beautiful Aura is having a baby. So sweet.

12 comments:

  1. Lovely. I had the ad from the paper but with the wet day decided to get on and do other things. I figured the markets wouldn't happen. Good to know they still do in wet weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so much like my kind of weekend. Even the gumboots. In the meanwhile, Che seems to have embraced three with great aplomb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmmmm apple pie goes perfectly with the grey skies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum! I wish I had a fabbo farmers market like that close by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful weekend. Envious of your cooler weather. I will be having Portuguese tarts soon. In Portugal when I visit my family. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He looks so much like you. What an amazing thing to be able to look at life you created and see yourself in another little body.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a wonderful weekend, I used to live near the beach and loved going on grey rainy days, it was perfect. Beautiful photographs yet again xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like a beautiful weekend...food sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness you take beautiful photographs. That first one with the rain-heavy sky is particularly evocative.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Feeling flat today (mostly due to this grey grey weather) and so made myself a chai and snuggled on the couch with my one year old boy and we read a pile of books. I wanted to ask, who takes all of your beautiful photos? Is it you? I love them x

    ReplyDelete
  11. found my way here by accident - just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh man, that first shot of your little man - what a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete