Monday, December 2, 2013

twenty | practicing simplicity

I'll give Halloween a miss but I wholeheartedly believe that Thanksgiving should have a place on the Australian calendar. A national day to pause and give thanks for our blessings? What an honour that would be.

Gratitude hasn't always come easily to me but I now recognise it as something that enhances my every day. It provides me with perspective; it allows me to see what I have instead of getting caught up with what I don't. Practicing gratitude is an integral part of practicing simplicity.

Today I am grateful for:


happy children who are so excited about "Chri-mas holday"
the trampoline
a delicious roast (and the even-better leftovers)
doting grandparents
the promise of many mornings at the beach
freshly cut roses
health and energy
an understanding partner
a new book

So: share what you are grateful for; it will put everything into perspective. I look forward to reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment