Friday, February 24, 2012

glorified washing pile

So it turns out that Poet has taken a total of three daytime sleeps in the cot. Which is absolutely fine because it means I've had a big, vacant space for all her clothes. Yep, see that rather daunting mountain of clothes there - they're all hers. Ranging from size 00 to 3 - jumpsuits, dresses, knits and leggings-a-plenty (my mum kept all my little dresses from when we lived in England - they are absolutely fabulous and deserved of a post of their own). Since I've been moving the house around all our clothes have moved rooms too. Just for the record I never want to do it again. Right now I've given up - hence clothes in cot (they've been there for a week already). 

My 'work' work has been piling up too - I have about twenty stories to write in the next fortnight which means I'll be glued to the screen. My reprieve comes in the form of a daily 'cup of chino' (as Che calls it) and a long walk with Poet in the pram.

Planning holidays is fun too and come the end of March we will be in Tasmania with a very talented photographer to document the artisan food movement down there. The result will be a collection of beautiful photographs accompanied by thoughtful observations - very kinfolk shall we say.
 
For now I'm off to bed - to turn a blind eye to the washing pile and dream of crisp autumn apples from the Tasmanian tree (and the cheese, fresh bread, home grown vegies, just brewed cider, still-warm jam). YUM!

15 comments:

  1. omg my pile of clothes to fold is higher than yours!!!!! mine is mt everest. so i win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha I love how the sunlight gives it a Halo! The holy clothes pile. Exciting news about your tazzy trip... cannot wait! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My washing pile is quite often that high!
    We are attempting a mini house shuffle this weekend to try and make it a bit more accommodating for a soon to be mobile baby. Hard when you don't have much space to work with.
    Oh holidays... So jealous! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo can't wait for the clothes post and for the Tassie pics. I dream of heading down there one day. Happy weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Tasmania! I felt absolutely and completely at home there. And that's where we were when we found out baby Finn was on the way. Warm and fuzzy memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh, Tassie... how wonderful. Such a special special place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wanted to vist Tassie. I just have a very strong feeling that i would feel at home there.
    Oh how i'll miss soft Tasmanian cheeses over the next 7 and a half months, please indulge for me.
    Poets clothes pile looks very much like my pile on top of my dressing table. But mine has been there a bit longer than a week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bit proud to be a Tasweigan at the moment!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a big chuckle after seeing that photo. In your competition for Kinfolk magazine, I entered the word Sisyphean... because that's what my laundry represents to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that it's not just me that does that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Had to laugh at this pic Jodi; think we mums all have one of those laundry piles. Mine is currently (permanently?) on the lounge.
    Tassie is so lovely, have fun.
    So many stories to get through, good luck. Where are you writing? Would love to read more of your work.
    x
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  12. The way the light touches that mountain is almost biblical!?

    I often comment on my need to engage a Sherpa to help me conquer my washing pile. There is jst no other way. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tassie is gorgeous. Lucky you!

    Also, folding is overrated. I loathe folding.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this post! Firstly I have a pile like that - mine is my daughter's baby clothes which need to be sorted for what we can use the new arrival. I also love dreaming of a similar trip to Tasmania. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete