Monday, September 12, 2011

behind the scenes



Meet Tim - the man behind the lens. This is how he works; effortlessly juggling cameras while kids play at his feet. He's unperturbed by the fact that he's being filmed because his priority is catching the moment. Capturing it in the beautifully composed frame that he's known for.

I've had so many emails from people near and far wanting to have Tim photograph their families. I figure I'd introduce him and let you in on what a shoot is like. As you can tell it's pretty damn enjoyable. It's like inviting an old friend over, sharing food and stories and remaining quite oblivious to the fact that he's got a camera (or two) slung around his neck. Tim has the unique ability to make you forget all together that he's taking photos. That's the mark of a natural photojournalist.

Through a series of photos he tells the story of a family. A day in the life of. Don't you want that story on your wall?

19 comments:

  1. yes, I do! great to see the man behind the shoots jodi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ( and your first shoot) were the reason we had to have Tim! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so lucky having such a friend - a photographer like Tim ... I would give a lot for picures like these!! Really enjoyed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh I wish I lived closer!
    A, to hang out with you in such a lovely part of the world and
    B, to have Tim photograph my family too!

    A trip to Australia me thinks!
    Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is no doubt that Tim knows a shot that split second before it happens. 'Tis the ordinary, small things that make those shots so special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this little video Jodi. Tim is just lovely, I can just tell by seeing this. Just the type of person you want shooting your family's precious moments. Thank you for sharing him with us Jodi, this is the first time I've actually seen the man behind the incredible photos floating around the blogosphere.
    And I'll say it again, you have the most beautiful family :o) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. all of you guys amaze me. such beautiful people. x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh I wish I lived near you guys so we could have tim take our photos, he is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He has a real gift and you have such a beautiful family. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. daniel is goooooooooood. this is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a crush on Tim (sorry Tim if you read this!) I know that I dont know him but WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lOVE, the juiciness of creativity.
    p.s thank you for your sweet and encouraging comments on my blog- you are a sweet heart x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous to say the least!!!!!!! How beautiful to have these moments kept so beautifully for you. There is some special magic in those first few months with a little one, I see it captured here, in your and your partner's eyes, your son and Poet too All that love surrounded your new addition, what a gorgeous family.....did I say it again? : )

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, what a lovely surprise. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. so beautiful. every little incy wincy bit of it. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I actually know Tim!!! We knew each other in Japan!!! I didn't know at the time that he was so creative... I'm glad you and your family got to know how amazing he is first hand! You have a VERY beautiful family, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice work. Got to get out my video camera one day. Your video has inspired me.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete