Thursday, November 8, 2012

shades of yellow and grey

I have a penchant for bed linen; I'm completely unashamed of my love for soft sheets and beautiful blankets. I've always adored the look of a messy white bed, the crumpled and ruffled effect is rather endearing, don't you think? 

As we venture into summer I have swapped the white for sunshine yellow and grey, happy floral and ticking stripe, bohemian and classic. It's a welcome change, particularly for Daniel who believes there can sometimes be "too much white" (there can never be too much white). 

For Che's bed I have always chosen stripes or spots in blues and reds. But his room can be a little dark so his new map cushion and golden stripes add warmth and light. Apparently it's the perfect choice for someone going of to school next year. "It's really cool," he says. 

Yesterday I admired the linen on the line as it billowed and dried. Today I have a good incentive to actually make the beds. Which begs the question: do you make the bed?

Adairs were ever so generous in gifting me new linen (the perfect early Christmas present). Thank you! I chose Aura Peony Pillowcases, Aura Ticking Stripe Sheet Set, Bamboo Cotton Sheet Set (in white, of course) and Home Republic Florida Stripe Set

No comments:

Post a Comment