Monday, November 12, 2012

clipper teas : zen again

When in doubt, drink tea. 

I come from a long line of tea drinkers; English men and women who spend the better part of the day with a cup in hand. Tea is the drink that soothes and refreshes, it comforts and heals. For me, the whistling of the kettle, the choosing of the cup and the dipping of bag is a daily ritual.

I usually buy my tea from my local organic store where a floor-to-ceiling shelf offers an overwhelming range of herbal, caffeinated and sometimes questionable concoctions. I've always been drawn to Clipper Teas for their pretty packaging - oh yes, I really do judge tea by its box.

Luckily Clipper Teas make truly beautiful teas - natural, fair trade and delicious. When they contacted me and offered a collection of their teas I held my hand up high and said "Yes, please!"

I've been working my way through a range of herbal and fruit infusions whilst admiring the boxes lined up on the shelf. Over the next few weeks I'll be posting little reviews of my favourite flavours, starting today with....

zen again: perfect for the yogi (or the muma who can't seem to ever get to a yoga class) this organic brew is infused with lemongrass, nettle (a great cleansing herb), eucalyptus (a sweet Australian touch) and gingko (good for the memory). It is smooth and fresh and might I say, quiet. You'll want to close your eyes as you sip from your favourite cup.

Do you have a daily tea ritual? 

No comments:

Post a Comment