Saturday, July 27, 2013

30/52

"A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2013."

Che: He gave me 10 shots before he ran off to play with the neighbours; bright winter sun on a day cold enough for a scarf (and he needs a haircut).
Poet: We have arrived at two - "No" and "Miiiiiiiiiine" have been the words of the week. 

Following on from the discussion about capturing the child's beloved belongings within a portrait, I've been thinking about the idea of home. I usually capture close-up portraits of the children but this week I'm going to work at stepping back, capturing them in their home - the photographer just passing by. 

....................................................................................

This week the happy, colourful shots over at Airstream Family made me smile / Free of fever and looking absolutely adorable in a corner of light - little Saul and his mop of curls / I love Harper and Finn's expressions; so honest / Possibly the best silhouette-by-the-ocean shot I have ever seen...and I can't go past a pouty, sleeping babe / and finally, a sketch from a dad besotted with his girls. 





No comments:

Post a Comment