Saturday, July 6, 2013

27/52

"A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2013."

Che: watching the ocean; high tide at sunset.
Poet: her love affair with roses continues (she pulled off all the petals about 2.6seconds after this photo was taken.)

I have really enjoyed scrolling through your three / 52 posts; admiring delightful faces, beautiful aesthetics and precious expressions. I chose my three favourites based on the way they made me feel, the way I was reminded of split-second moments when I looked back on them. 

I've been thinking of ways I can capture a portrait without taking a photo of a face or a gesture. There is so much more to our children than the way they look and move. What about the books they love, the toys they play with, the food they eat (or don't eat!). If I consider what Che and Poet will love most about looking through their portrait books when they're all grown up, I'm pretty sure they'll be ecstatic to revisit their beloved collections of 'things'. And so, whilst the concept hasn't quite been refined just yet, I'm hoping that in this next half-year I'll be able to capture portraits of the children, their environment and the little world they create for themselves - their knick-knacks, gathered ephemera and treasured belongings.

......................................................................................................................

There's a beautiful quality to this collection of portraits, starting with Theo in b+w; that belly, those little fingers / Evita and her rippled reflection / Chloe hides behind a lace curtain; adore the sepia blur / Otto mischievously hiding under a straw hat / and Anaru, the ocean and the sky - the perfect winter-on-the-beach shot. 






No comments:

Post a Comment