Saturday, December 28, 2013

52/52

"A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2013."

Che: warming himself in the sun, giggling uncontrollably as I tickle his belly (with my toes).
Poet: a special ice-cream treat at Mama and Popa's house

2 children, 52 weeks, 104 photos. 

I think the beauty of this project is discovered in retrospect; when you look back and realise that regardless of how fast and busy the year was, there were so many little moments that were quiet and precious and memorable. They mean so much more to me that the big events because they're honest reflections of everyday life.

At the start of the year I promised myself that I would take as many candid portraits as I could. I wanted to take the time to be in the now, observe the moment and, if possible, capture it on camera. There were many moments that never made it into this space; but the 104 that did, they are pictures I will always cherish - because they tell our story. 


............................................................................................................

Congratulations, friends! 52/52 is quite an achievement. I'll be back next Sunday with 1/52...will you be joining me?








No comments:

Post a Comment