Wednesday, November 13, 2013

...a big thank you

...and then the lotus flower opened; ephemeral beauty

I am sincerely thankful for your meaningful comments on yesterday's post. So often it feels like I'm writing to a largely silent crowd and it's difficult to gauge how my words are being received. Subsequently, self doubt creeps in which is when I start questioning my ability as a writer and blogger. But it's in those phases of doubt that I come back to my intention and it is plain and simple: write what I want to read.

So I do, I write about simplicity, raising a young family, living consciously and meaningfully, seeking and documenting beauty, expressing gratitude...and how difficult it all is to maintain. I'm so happy to tell you that the essence of this blog will stay the same. As for the changes? Based on what every single one of you said, you're really going to like them.

The subject of sponsorship came up a few times and I wholeheartedly understand that it isn't for everyone. I get it. But I'm also proud of the way I integrate sponsors into this space and I enjoy working, one-on-one, with each of them. What shocked (and delighted) me the most was the way many of you expressed your thanks for the presence of sponsors. It's good to know that you trust my judgement and appreciate my recommendations. I will continue to work with small businesses and creatives who share my ideals and values. I'll also continue to decline offers from big companies because whilst I may shop with them I don't feel that they need to be endorsed or promoted here.


...........................................................................................................

Before you click away...close your eyes, place your hands softly in your lap, take a deep, nourishing inhalation and then let out a gentle sigh. Come to here and now and observe your breath, if only for a few moments. Carry on with your day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment