Saturday, March 16, 2013

11/52

"A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2013."

Che: He is growing up so fast, blossoming. And his eyelashes are getting darker, lucky boy.
Poet: From our kitchen to a play kitchen. She laughs with all the big girls in Che's class. 

This week I was so impressed by the composition in Caitlin's photo of Toddler C / Christie's 'unportraits' of Ryder and Willow are beautiful / joyful b+w jumping over at Lullaby & La La / a daydreaming Sylas / father and son bonding; a precious moment caught

I just wanted to tell you that although I only mention five of my favourite portraits I do manage to visit at least 100 of you each week. Almost three months into the project and I'm noticing such a change in your photographs - there's more depth to your images and a better understanding of light. But what I've noticed more than anything is the change in composition - so many of you are experimenting with angles...you're stepping away or moving closer, shooting through door frames or around trees, lying on the ground to get the shot. 

I'm inspired and can't wait to see what you have in store for this week. 



No comments:

Post a Comment