Saturday, February 23, 2013

8/52

"A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2013."

Che: Everyone told me that kindergarten prompts really significant growth spurts. I just wasn't expecting him to look like a 15-year-old so soon. He wears hat c/o toto knits and super-soft peace tee c/o paul & paula
Poet: The anticipation of bubbles - pure joy.

Last week was all about the boys so it seemed only fair that I document my favourite portraits of girls and sisters this week. Starting with this filmic capture of Daisy and her bedtime bubbles / I've been following the bump each week and now Lucy Elle is here and she is beautiful / I love the perspective of these shots / fine little elina, what a sweet soul / biet with attitude - priceless!

Now that Che is at school five days a week I'm finding it difficult to capture as many photos of him, simply because of the lack of time. He also has a tendency to get fed-up quickly so this week he gave me "10 shots" and he counted the shutter every time I took a photo - talk about pressure! I find the best way to take his portrait is to engage him in conversation, ask him questions that can't be answered with a 'yes' or 'no'. I'd love to know what you find most difficult about taking your portraits each week....

To link up for this week just click the blue button and follow the prompts....







No comments:

Post a Comment