Saturday, February 9, 2013

6/52

"A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2013."

Che: We had planned an ocean swim to celebrate his first week of school but the sand was covered in seaweed and the water was full of lice. Here he is - tired, disappointed, angry. Fish and chips soothed the pain.
Poet: She will spend the next few years walking past this fence and into the playground...and before we know it it will be her turn. Patience, little one.

Flicking through your portraits this week was like wandering through hundreds of family photo albums, each with their own stories and quirks. It began with newborn Olive in her cotton nightie - welcome darling, you're going to be spolit by those three big brothers / ...and then my heart melted at the sight of precious Elizabeth - oh! / it is so nice to be privy to moments of connection. I love this shot; so very cinematic / sibling love is like no other; riley guides lyla with the utmost care / and mel has five beautiful children who she will photograph once a month, I like her style.

I really loved reading through your comments last week. I'm thrilled that so many of you are turning your camera to manual....you'll reap the rewards, I promise. To link up for this week just click below.




No comments:

Post a Comment