Thursday, May 10, 2012

bayden packwood - folksy indie music love


On a humid day mid-summer, Daniel travelled to Sydney to shoot a music video. The location was a heritage listed building opposite Central Station - occupied by a random mix of artists and students. There were thirteen musicians there that day and they filled the space with Bayden Packwood's sweet folk music.

Bayden gave up everything to create his EP; a collection of songs - both mournful and celebratory - influenced by his country childhood. It's achingly beautiful music and it gives me goosebumps every time I listen to it. Bayden the banjo player and his orchestra of thirty....classical indie at its best. 

To celebrate the launch of his EP Bayden is giving away 5 copies! To go in the draw all you need to do is 'like' Packwood on facebook. I'll update this post with the five winners names (chosen by the random number generator) on Friday May 18th.

Update. Comments Closed. The Random Number Generator chose #10 Lizeylou, #4 Mama Smith, #2 Jane @ Shady Baker, #3 Mamashara and #5 M. Bloom. Please email your postal address to jodiclairewilson @ yahoo (dot) com (dot) au and Bayden will send your CD to you.

Cinematography by Daniel Grey - directed and edited by Angelo Kehagias

10 comments:

  1. I agree, that's a beutiful music and very nice video too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool - I have liked on FB, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! Have liked on FB!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just tried to leave a comment but it seems to have disappeared into the black hole of blogger. Will try one more...

    Such beautiful music. I have added my 'like' on fb. But if I don't win a cd in the drawing, how might I obtain one? It doesn't look like they are available for purchase for U.S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's done? I've liked it on FB.
    Alreday, when you post the video the first time, I was bewitched. I watched the video over and over. The same today ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful music! Alas, I miss out again as I'm not on facebook. I do "like" it though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My best friend plays the banjo - there is nothing quite like it is there. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've liked on FB - thanks for introducing me to this music!

    ReplyDelete