Wednesday, April 7, 2010

about me (7 things) + Kreative blog award

i choose you!

Checks and Spots awarded me a Kreative Blog Award (about 6 weeks ago) and I'm only just getting around to my half of the deal - write seven things about myself. So, here goes:


1. I have a very small vocabulary considering my profession as writer/journalist. Daniel thinks this is a blessing because it means I speak everyone's language.

2. I don't have wisdom teeth - which could be the sole reason for number 1.

3. I've never been drunk. Partly due to the fact that I don't enjoy the taste of alcohol, mostly due to the fact that I start to feel queasy after a few sips. This could classify me as "cheap drunk".

4. I loathe facebook and can't understand why people feel the need to tell the world about what's on their sandwich.

5. I experienced the most crippling homesickness while alone in Paris. I sat in Notre Dame for two hours and cried. I came home a short time later.

6. Today I got all the way to the bank in the shopping centre and realised I had left my wallet at home.

7. On my second trip to the shopping centre (and this was before 10am) Ché and I got out of the car and were just about at the shops when a rather lovely young man pulled up beside me. Conversation is as follows:

Him: "Ah, excuse me?"
Me: "Yes."
Him: "Was there anyone else getting out of your car?"
Me: (slightly confused) "Um, no"
Him: "Oh, it's just that you left your car door open."
Me: (blushing, bumbling, pretty convinced I've lost my mind) "Oh, thanks. Thanks soooo much."

I walk back to my car and yes, the door is wide open. Thankfully the most valuable item in my car is a piece of leftover hot cross bun. Disappointedly, no-one had taken it.

I'm giving these lovely ones a kreative blog award: leigh, fliss, emma, rach, amber, megan andkatie

9 comments:

  1. hot cross bun / see how they run

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been a fan. After reading No. 7, I'm a bigger fan now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it makes you feel any better my husband always says, "Babe, Did you even go to third grade?" Sweet post. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet list. I loathe facebook too. That's why I like blogging, it's more personal :) xx

    PS. If I were around, I would have taken your hot cross bun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That car door story is a pretty classic one. I have been known to leave lights on, the car running, trunks open... you name it. I am so focused on just getting out I forget to shut everything up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh jod's thank you....very sweet.
    Will play along...lots of love. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am the same for 1. and 2. although am an illustrator not a writer. My man is learning English and often asks the meaning of certain English words. He is astounded by how often I respond, "Hmmm, I don't really know!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jodi ... life has its moment, does it not? Thank you so much for the award. It's so terribly unsociable of me, but I won't add my seven things. I am really bad at thinking of them. Agonise over them. I'll just enjoy what the others come up with.
    Thank you though. I hope you're enjoying this glorious autumn weather. Sigh. My garden makes me grin every time I step out into it.

    ReplyDelete