i choose you!
Checks and Spots awarded me a Kreative Blog Award (about 6 weeks ago) and I'm only just getting around to my half of the deal - write seven things about myself. So, here goes:
1. I have a very small vocabulary considering my profession as writer/journalist. Daniel thinks this is a blessing because it means I speak everyone's language.
2. I don't have wisdom teeth - which could be the sole reason for number 1.
3. I've never been drunk. Partly due to the fact that I don't enjoy the taste of alcohol, mostly due to the fact that I start to feel queasy after a few sips. This could classify me as "cheap drunk".
4. I loathe facebook and can't understand why people feel the need to tell the world about what's on their sandwich.
5. I experienced the most crippling homesickness while alone in Paris. I sat in Notre Dame for two hours and cried. I came home a short time later.
6. Today I got all the way to the bank in the shopping centre and realised I had left my wallet at home.
7. On my second trip to the shopping centre (and this was before 10am) Ché and I got out of the car and were just about at the shops when a rather lovely young man pulled up beside me. Conversation is as follows:
Him: "Ah, excuse me?"
Him: "Was there anyone else getting out of your car?"
Me: (slightly confused) "Um, no"
Him: "Oh, it's just that you left your car door open."
Me: (blushing, bumbling, pretty convinced I've lost my mind) "Oh, thanks. Thanks soooo much."
I walk back to my car and yes, the door is wide open. Thankfully the most valuable item in my car is a piece of leftover hot cross bun. Disappointedly, no-one had taken it.