Tuesday, May 13, 2008

the love child & autumn days



It's funny how life can get so busy and yet if you asked me what we've been up to I'd list these things:
Banana & avocado for breakfast
Meet Mel, Ziah & Coen at the cafe or beach for a coffee/play date
Watch Che and imagine that he wishes he could run around with Ziah & Coen (one day soon)
Cook soup (pumpkin, mulligatawny, chicken & vegetable)
Teach yoga classes (16 beautiful pregnant women in my pre-natal class at the moment)
Finally get back to writing magazine articles...you can't force creativity
Long for another child (then remember the aching tiredness of pregnancy)
Daniel & I fall deeper in love with our love child
Talk about setting a date for the wedding
Then get lost on dreaming about honeymoon in New York
Watch movies on the big screen (we've just purchased a projector)
Make the lounge room baby friendly, because....

Che is on the move!
It's not a crawl but definitely a commando crawl (he pulls himself along with his arms while kicking his legs in the air). I never thought my moving baby would teach me that magazines are always more interesting and far more tasty than toys, the corners of the lounge room need a good dust, spiders make great friends and kissing glass is oh so much fun! His third tooth arrived last Friday and the fourth is getting ready to appear. I'm in love with this little creature...who calls my name when he's hungry, thinks he's misplaced me or when he just needs a cuddle (mummummummum). Oh and so cheeky too...


Last night I was lucky enough to get to my first ashtanga class at the studio in what seems like forever. Although I love to teach it is so wonderful to be a student - to stretch beyond the everyday limits. I woke up this morning and could definitely feel my body but the joy of a great practice far outweighs the slight ache of sore muscles. It's amazing how long it takes after pregnancy and birth to actually feel yourself again. To recognise yourself in the mirror. Last week while putting on my makeup I noticed that my cheekbones are back. Hooray! I fit into lots (not all) of my old clothes again and although I will never be the same person that I was 16 months ago it is nice to connect with parts of the old me.

It's a cosy time of year...the leaves are starting to fall and although the sun is still out we can get away with the occasional cardi & beanie. It's the perfect time of year for cuddles, soup, tea & biscuits, books and hot chocolates. I took this picture last week...till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment