Saturday, May 18, 2013

20/52

"A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2013."

Che: He can whistle now and so he does, every day.
Poet: Before we leave the house she always needs a hat, some beads and a basket. She fills the basket to the brim; crayons, a doll, finger puppets, blocks, a wooden rabbit...

I've spent the past few weeks searching for a printing company to create my 52 book from 2012. From first glance at their mission statement Artifact Uprising impressed: "...inspired by the disappearing beauty of the tangible / bettered by a community of inspired storytellers / driven by the belief everyone has a story to tell. Tell on."

I've decided to print a book of Che's portraits and one of Poet's, so they each have a photo-journal of their year. I'm also going to print a 104 page book that features both their portraits; a family coffee table book to treasure. When it comes to collating the photos, choosing the cover and waiting for the hard copy to arrive in the mail...well, that's when I feel really grateful for taking a photo-a-week, every week, in 2012 (I'll keep you updated with my progress).

...............................................................................................................................................................

This week I loved the dishevelled but endearing little cat (and her little brother) over at Blackbird has Spoken / a boy and his balloons - a simple scene so reminiscent of joyous childhood / Roland chasing cats - he is adorable / innocent faces and cosy hand knits, Amelia and Baden, beautiful youth / and a strawberry-stained beauty - Eve and her halo. 




No comments:

Post a Comment