Tuesday, December 18, 2012

last day

This morning, as I filled his water bottle and packed his lunch, I remembered so clearly the first day when I cried into his little box of grapes and rice crackers. 

We were quiet on the drive to school today and when it came time to get out of the car and walk up the path I saw his sadness. For the first time in months he held my hand instead of running ahead; like he wanted it to last for as long as possible.

We've come full circle and the end is just as momentous as the beginning. At his graduation last week he cried during the photo slideshow. "I just have so much love in my heart for Montessori," he said. Indeed, Montessori pre-school has been a seamless extension of our home - a nurturing place for him to grow and learn; to the beat of his own drum. 

I'm so proud of him and his big, big heart. I'm so sad that this beautiful journey is over.

...and now I'm crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment