Poet turns one next week and I've been reminiscing about her first year. While I was pregnant I gathered the essentials - every day items that were both practical and beautiful - and I used them over and over and over again. I want to give you an idea of what I found most useful in the first year - the organic cotton clothes I couldn't do without, the wraps I used to swaddle her and the nappy change essentials that ensured a clean, happy bottom. Buying-for-baby can be overwhelming but in my experience simple, quality essentials are all you need.
I contacted my most-loved baby brands and I'm in awe of the response I received. I'm absolutely delighted to announce this fabulous giveaway. In detail, the winner will receive:
1. a gorgeous set from Nature Baby - one of my very favourite baby brands - including organic cotton drawstring booties (they stay on!) in red stripe (3-6months), an organic cotton knotted beanie in red stripe (0-6months) and an organic cotton kimono jacket in "down to the forest" print (3-6months) - valued at $64.95
2. Tortellini Cushion by studio skinky - a fabulous breastfeeding support cushion, it saved my back and arms in those first few months - valued at $99
3. aden + anais bamboo swaddles....possibly the softest fabric I have ever touched, these bamboo wraps feature stunning designs and are ideal for balmy, summer days. I've used them as a wrap, pram cover, blanket and sun shade - 3-pack valued at $44.95
4. ...because every baby needs a handmade softie in their life. Little Leroy the Lion is hand printed in Melbourne by the very talented Hello Milky - valued at $20
5. Nature's Child certified organic cotton face wipes and award-winning bottom balm are regarded by many mumas as absolute necessities - valued at $28.90
6. eco nino organic change mat covers are stylish and practical. Choose from either a stripe or plain fabric design - valued at $34.95
7. Queen Bee Milena Nursing/Sleep Bra; incredibly comfortable and supportive, I wore it in the last weeks of pregnancy, during labour and in the first few months. For the muma this is a must have - valued at $32.95
8. A soothing instrumental CD to you fill your home with calm tunes and a beautifully handmade rattle for the baby who's ready to play. Both by Dragonfly Toys and valued at $50
9. Oh the l'il fraser wrap - we used one every single day in the first six months of Poet's life. We wrapped her tight to sleep and she stayed snug and happy for hours on end. Winner gets to choose two wraps in any colour/stripe pattern - valued at $59.90
10. Hazyjane pants are handmade from vintage linens and both my children have worn them every.single summer. They are cool to wear, made with love and keep milky skin protected from the sun. These pants are a size 0 and valued at $26
11. Because a little vintage is most definitely essential, this sweet romper from one claire day is quirky and cute - valued at $25.
12. Grey and white looks gorgeous on a newborn and this stunning collection of essentials is a dream come true. Purebaby is an Australian fashion label that creates organic clothing and accessories for babies and children and they have generously offered the following: three-piece set in feather print, knitted coat in soft grey, three-piece knit set in soft grey, knot hat in grey stripe, cable knitted cashmere blanket and newborn pack in soft grey feather - valued at $340.25
13. Welsh Merino Wool Slippers from Fawn & Fox are super soft and lined with sheepskin - a necessity in the winter months. Winner gets to choose colour (cream, fire brick red or slate grey) and size - valued at $65
To go in the draw to win this bundle of goodness (valued at $890!) all you need to do is be a follower of Che & Fidel (over there on the right) and leave a comment with your email address below. For two extra entries you can share this giveaway on facebook or post about it on your blog. I'll use the random number generator to choose a winner and announce it in this post on Thursday 19th July.
Best of luck!
Update: Comments closed. Thanks so much for all your entries. The random number generator chose #48 little wild moose. Oh gosh Jess, it seems your friend who is about to birth twins will be very lucky indeed! xxx