Tuesday, September 25, 2012

almost five

At around this time every year I wander through the days leading up to his birthday, trying my hardest to accept that he is one year older. The universal experience of the mother.

I could write about how difficult it is to comprehend five.....because five is a whole new stage and a much bigger world.

But instead I will just say... I am so very happy that he is five. I am so very sad that he is five. 

I snapped this photo of him a few days ago while we were discussing his birthday presents. He hasn't asked for much and I'm sticking to my golden present rule. On Saturday we will celebrate pirate style with his Montessori friends and on Sunday we will stay home, eat pancakes for breakfast and bask in the sweetness of five-year-old Che.

No comments:

Post a Comment