Saturday, February 12, 2011

a film of photos

Align Center

Engagement Shoot from Daniel Grey on Vimeo.

Anna posted her favourite shots from our engagement shoot a few days ago and now I'm going to overload you with more (feel free not to watch). I do have an ulterior motive though. You see, Daniel and I just can't decide what photo we should frame and hang on the wall. There are a few that we love but framing a few may create the impression of a shrine and we don't really want to do that. I love the shots in the freesias - I think they're romantic and reminiscent of the sixties. Daniel likes the shots where he's holding the sign, just 'cause they're a bit different. So please, if you feel so kind, tell me which ones are your favourites and it might help us narrow it down.

Moving on to a foodie frugavore topic...I am so inspired by how many of you have the desire to shop, cook and eat with awareness. I've managed to track down a local organic butcher who sells wholesale to the public so I'm planning on making a once-a-month trip and stocking up. I'm excited to chat to him about cheap cuts for my slow cooker come autumn/winter too. This week I've made a few soups to ward off a nasty cold and I roasted a chicken, made a curry with the leftovers and slow cooked the bones and a few vegies overnight to make stock. Tonight we're eating form the pantry so who knows what we'll end up devouring.

As for the winner of a signed copy of frugavore...congratulations Tania from Myrtle & Eunice. A quick-witted, savvy woman who felt sick at the sight of hot cross buns and Easter eggs at the supermarket in JANUARY. I feel your pain. Considering Easter is not till the end of April I think it's fair to say the religious holiday has well and truly become a marketing scam and is contributing to the waistlines of the chocoholics and sweet tooths among us.

I, personally, won't be buying those indulgent eggs till mid April. Because me and my baby don't need any sugar and most definitely don't want the reflux that accompanies it.

17 comments:

  1. i love the second photo of you guys peeking through the tree. cute!
    m xo

    http://lifelessordinary1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the puctures are gorgeus! i love the ones on the tree, the close ups with the pinwheels and the ones in the grass...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm...so many gorgeous pics, so hard to choose! I would personally choose one of the freesia pics, where you can just see your faces through the flowers. I like things to be subtle. Looks like you guys had lots of fun that day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my oh my I see your dilemma! There are so many fab ones - I agree with you thought the freesia series is just beautiful, but i love the frame shot, the ones in the tree and blurred out by the fence too!
    Emma ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a lovely one of you guys kissing, hanging in a tree....love it! They are all beautiful though...tough decision! And congratulations by the way. Have you set a wedding date?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the jumping ballon ones...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the ones in the flowers, so hard to choose which is my favourite though. We had the same dilemma with our wedding pictures. Having so many seems rather narcissistic, so we settled on just three to have around our flat. Such a tough choice though xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. you two are just too beautiful! :) and i love daniel's work, it's just fantastic xxx love to y'all on this annual day of lurve :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. btw - i like the ones with the sign as well - as they are a bit different - but also because i just LOVE the dress you have on, and the flowers you are holding complete the scene so beautifully - the sign ones are my favourites too :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, that's a tough one... I really like the freesia photos, and the photos of you guys lying in the yellow flowers. But some of the close-ups in the tree are great too. And I know what you mean about not wanting an altar - I'm always aware of which photos I decorate with because I don't want the house to be overrun by photos of our wedding day, seems so narcissistic. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hadn't hear of Frugavore till I found you - going to see if my library can get it! Thanks!! (GREAT photo shoot, by the way.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. stunning jodi...simply gorgeous. all of them. the ones in the flowers are my favorite. the one that anna first posted on her blog of you guys in the flowers, that one is S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G. i think you may tire of the sign photos. the flower photos are romantic and so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know I've already said I LOVE the chalk board. However, now I've seen that little number, there is so much that ROCKS about the whole damned thing - the chalk board is a mere postscript.

    PS. I know I've already said THANK YOU. But now I'm saying it again. Can't wait to turn the Myrtle and Eunice’s into little frugavores. (The middle will be so chuffed to hear there's another alternative to carnivore, herbivore, omnivore).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, its my first visit to your gorgeous blog and I am all overwhelmed by your divine shoot. I adore them all and feel weirdly like I know a bit of you guys because they are so intimate and so real and so unposed. My preference is for the ones in the flowers but our wedding shoot is still tucked up in a bush fire proof box where its been for eleven years!!! so I am not really one to help.
    Congratulations on the new baba too.
    And three, we try to live as sustainably and frugally as possible and I think that book looks awesome and just like the inspiration I need right now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i can see how hard must be to choose just one.. they're amazing.congratulations btw.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good grief Jodi - they are all so amazingly beautiful! Hard choice!

    My favourite though is the one in the freesias where you're both looking ahead - imagining your happy future together perhaps....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, this made me smile! It's obvious that you two are so in love, and it's absolutely lovely!

    The pinwheels (are they pinwheels?) photos are quite cute :).

    xoxoox

    ReplyDelete