Exciting times included:
- sleeping in an inner-city hotel
- adventures at the Australian Museum
- homemade picnic in Hyde Park (while listening to three brothers beat out Beatles tunes)
- chatting to every.single.person in every.single.elevator (we're a friendly bunch)
- overwhelming wonder at the colour and chaos of the Chinese New Year Parade
- feeling oh so lucky when a performer from said parade gifted Che with a flashing smiley face badge
- late night swim in the rooftop pool
- watching late night fireworks from the rooftop pool
- the smoothest, most wonderful coffee.
- underwater fun at Oceanworld (while I attended an editorial meeting)
The experience was fabulous, albeit exhausting. Daniel summed it up when we got home: "What a relief, we didn't lose anyone."